Monday, January 24, 2011

To chew or not to chew?

I don't know about you, but I am a gum addict.  FYI: This is top secret!  I am divulging something my closest friends don't even know!  Actually, the fact that my friends don't know I'm a gum addict is true, but the part about this being top secret is not.  Obviously.   

I guess I have a weird sort of addiction to gum.  At school, I rarely chew it.  But once I get home, oh boy!  Right when I set foot in my house, I feel compelled to chew gum.  So my question to you is: How would you describe your gum-chewing habits?  Answer this question in my new poll!

Lately, I've come to the conclusion that more girls chew gum than boys.  But this is only based off my observation of classmates, nothing factual.  At this point in time, I'm inclined to rule out the idea that gum is perceived as something effeminate.  That doesn't seem to have to do with anything, from my perspective.

I was musing over this idea a couple minutes ago when all of a sudden, an idea struck me!  (Actually, the idea was based off an advertisement on the gum packet I was currently raiding.)  So here's my idea: maybe more girls chew gum because they are trying to deter themselves from eating.  I think there may be some data out there supporting this hypothesis, but I'm not sure this describes many other gum chewers out there such as myself.  So my only other logical answer is: maybe it's in our genes.       

Just kidding.  That's most likely not the answer, but I felt like now was a good time to bring up the age old question: Is it nature or nurture?  What is your opinion?

Well, that's all for today.  Tah-tah and don't forget to vote.  You have the ability to help this mystery appear less muddled in my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment