Saturday, January 29, 2011

Truth: the impossible search

As human beings, we find it comforting to believe in truth. But in reality, there is no such thing.

I'm not talking about whether or not someone is telling the truth about something or other. I'm talking about something much deeper: the absolute truth.

I've been taking a class called Theory of Knowledge for the past month and one of the first things I learned in the class is that all statements can be refuted. Even when rebutted, the statements never actually lose their credulity to the original author of the "truthful" statement. It all has to do with one word: belief. Not truth.

I don't care if you walk away after reading this post believing that there is truth. There is only one thing I really would like you to know: when it comes to opinion, there is no truth.

This post is for all of the rude people out there that leave nasty comments on videos and articles. I'm mostly directing this post at the people who write comments on YouTube with curse words galore. It probably isn't any one of you who read my blog that do these obnoxious things, but I'm fed up with these atrocious comments and couldn't resist blogging about it.

Just because you are doing this over the Internet and no one can see you does not give you the right to write nasty things. Please be considerate of your fellow earthlings. Let's coexist peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment