Wednesday, June 8, 2011

42 + 2/3 hours till takeoff!

I'm tired and my feet hurt.  I still haven't started packing yet and I'm leaving muy pronto!  However, I have selected a suitcase.  See, I am not a complete procrastinator :) Cheesy smile.  Hehehehe.

Yesterday, I was forewarned about a problemo.  Certain hoitytoity hair straighteners are not supposed to be used with electrical converters.  I had a freakout moment when my ears received those sound waves.  My thought process went a little like this:  Holy carp!!  This cannot happen.  My straightener better be compatible!  However, since I didn't buy an expensive one it probably is one of those lame-o incompatible straighteners.  But I only use my hair straightener for a maximum of two minutes every day!  I don't want to buy a whole other hair straightener for three weeks!  But if I don't have a straightener with me in Spain my bangs won't look right and my fly-a-ways will indeed be flying away.

Then, to make matters worse I sustained 15 mosquito bites directly after hearing this news.  Ginormous mosquito bites.   They itchhhhhhhhh.  Badly.  But I digress.

On a happy note, I got colorful socks today :DDDD They're purrrty.  :)  But they don't make up for all the itchy bug bites.

Now, I'm worried about credit cards and foreign transaction fees and if the company will shut down my card if I try to buy something overseas.  We shall see.

I'm also really, really, really wanting to see my pretzel picture from Katherine's fantabulous shindig last night .  Like mucho.  Well, I suppose you've had your fill of my thoughts for today.  I shall bid you tah-tah now!

P.S. You'll be relieved to know that I do not need to buy another hair straightener. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!  All that unnecessary panic I endured.

2 comments:

  1. Btw...you're supposed to alert your credit card/debit card companies if you're going to be using your card overseas or else they will shut your card down.

    Oh and P.S. I have evil mosquito bites too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the mosquitoes. That's only funny when it happens to Diane >:)

    ReplyDelete