Sunday, June 5, 2011

¡Menos de cinco dias!

These last 24 hours have been a tad on the crazy side.  Last night half a tree just about fell on my house!  There was a severe thunderstorm --accompanied by a lot of wind-- and it split a tree which now hangs a couple inches above my roof.  Twas scary.

Then, it just kind of hit me today how close my departure to Spain is getting.  Sure I've gone shopping and purchased some dresses and Spain-esque clothing, but it was all for that far-off viaje.  I've also mentally drafted a to do list for the days before I leave.  Well, today while I was at the Spain trip party, it hit me.  Spain is less than five days away! I don't have anymore time to delay packing and familiarizing myself with the airport regulations. I need to get moving!

And get this: me and everyone else on this trip have to wear matching T-shirts!  It has a blaring yellow and red colored "España" plastered on the front of the shirt and "Lawrence North Wildcats" in slightly smaller print on the back.  We are all going to look so cute in matching shirts walking through the airport terminals, going through customs, sitting in one section of the plane, etc; you can feel my sarcastic annoyance. 

On top of this, when I was mowing the lawn today I got a huge chunk of skin peeled off my thumb.  Owie.  It's throbbing now as I type this :( 

Well, I need to sign off now and commence the packing.

¡Hasta luego!  

1 comment: