Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Do you believe what Phil the Groundhog "says"?

Well, folks, it is officially February first and boy has it started off with a BANG!!  The fact that it is almost Groundhog Day and there is a ginormous winter storm that will affect more than 1/3 of the U.S. population makes for a great blog post topic today!

As of right now, I'm positively chipper!  School has been canceled and the day is all mine!  YESSS! Have you been affected by this blast of snow, ice, and bitterness? Comment below!

This brings up my next point: Groundhog day.  I'm going to make a prediction.  There will be six more weeks of winter.  Pretty good guess considering the weather, don't you think?  I wonder if Phil will "agree" with me tomorrow.

By the way, if you haven't noticed the quotation marks I've put around the words that personify Phil, then go look back 27 words.  To me, Groundhog Day is a bunch of hogwash.  Nevertheless, I think it is an awesome day.  I must say, it's a festivity that is quite original.  And I am a fan of originality. 

So here's the question of the day: Do you guys believe Phil's predictions?  I've made a poll concerning this issue and so far it's tied!  One vote 'yes' and one vote 'no'.  So if you haven't voted, go click the small, white button to the right of this blog post and vote...now!  (And don't neglect the other poll below it.  Polls feel left out too, you know! :P)


Cheers! And to the 1/3 of my fellow Americans who are also in this gargantuan weather system, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment